Quality Indoor Air Quality Products & Services
In Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, VA & Surrounding Areas
Polluted indoor air is the byproduct of insufficient ventilation in a tightly sealed building. Fortunately, the comfort consultants at Climatemakers can easily solve this problem with our indoor air quality (IAQ) products. As a Trane Comfort Specialist, we have extensive knowledge on indoor air quality and offer the best Trane IAQ products and special deals.
Is Your Air Polluted?
Most Portsmouth, VA homes have an airtight seal that keeps energy costs low by preventing treated air from leaking out. Unfortunately, that tight seal also prevents the ventilation needed to keep airborne contaminants from building up.
What’s in Dirty Indoor Air?
Indoor air pollution is constantly generated by day-to-day activities. Pollutants include allergens like dust, pet dander, and pollen. They also include viruses, mold and bacteria. Indoor air can be polluted by volatile organic compounds, gas leaks, carbon monoxide, household cleaning agents and radon. Exposure can cause simple allergic reactions like sneezing, coughing and watery eyes. It can also cause deadly conditions like stroke, heart disease, pneumonia and lung cancer.
How We Eliminate Airborne Toxins
Climatemakers’s NATE-certified technicians can eliminate toxic indoor air altogether with state-of-the-art solutions:
- Whole-house ventilators provide natural ventilation that prevents airborne toxins from accumulating in the first place. They exchange stuffy and polluted indoor air for fresh and clean outdoor air. Ventilators also help to keep indoor temperatures consistent.
- Air cleaners use special filters to capture toxic particles as air circulates through your ductwork. Air cleaners are a good choice if you want to get rid of allergens like dust mites, pet dander and pollen.
- Air humidifiers add moisture to indoor air so it doesn’t get too dry. Keeping the relative humidity between 40 and 50 percent helps to keep airborne contaminants from spreading and may reduce allergic reactions.
- Air purifiers, air sterilizers and UV lights disable biological contaminants including viruses, bacteria, mildew and mold. The lamps zap toxins as air passes through your HVAC. The lights also remove foul odors and rid indoor air of allergens like dust mites.
- Air dehumidifiers remove excess moisture from indoor air. Since high humidity creates a friendly environment for microbes and dust mites, keeping moisture levels balanced can discourage the presence of these contaminants. Dehumidifiers also reduce dust and musty odors while helping your air conditioner to dehumidify indoor air.
- Air filter replacement, while typically done by homeowners, can also be performed by our NATE-certified technicians. We can also recommend certain types of air filters for your system, based on your family’s needs.
Climatemakers offers all these indoor air quality products and can help you decide which solutions are best for your family. Since 1953, we’ve been keeping Virginia Beach homes comfortable and full of clean, conditioned air. Our team is dedicated to quality, honesty, and integrity, and it shows with our A+ accredidation from the Better Business Bureau. Call us today to learn how we can improve your home’s indoor air quality!